Turkey Taco Pie
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Kids seem to love helping make this quick-and-easy Turkey Taco Pie, because they can get in on the action, too. Cooking with kids is a great way to enjoy quality family time - and that's half the reward of preparing healthy meals.
What You'll Need
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (see note)
- 1 (16-ounce) can vegetarian refried beans (see note)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded real Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray (see note); heat over medium-high heat. Add the turkey breast and ground cumin, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink, stirring to break up the turkey.
- Stir in the refried beans and salsa, reducing the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until well combined and heated through, stirring frequently. Remove the skillet from the heat, scrape down the sides with a spatula, and spread the mixture evenly in the skillet.
- Arrange the lettuce, tomato, and Cheddar cheese in concentric circles on top of the turkey mixture; serve immediately.
*To make this a gluten-free recipe, use seasoning with no added starch from a gluten-containing source, gluten-free refried beans, and nonstick cooking spray with no flour added.
Read NextTurkey Stuffed Peppers
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 180
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 17g 34 %
- Cholesterol 47mg 16 %
- Sodium 528mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 2.0g 0 %