Cabbage Roll Soup
- COOK TIME
- 7 Hr 6 Min
You're going to want to pick the coziest spot in the house to enjoy this Cabbage Roll Soup. That's 'cause this beefy and low-fat cabbage soup delivers so much comfort and heartiness, it deserves to be eaten in a comfy-cozy setting.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups roughly chopped cabbage
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute beef, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- In a 5-quart or larger slow cooker, place remaining ingredients except rice. Add meat mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours. During the last 15 minutes, stir in rice.
Tailored to Your Tastes
- This is a great recipe when the leaves begin to change and the fall season rolls in. We love that it's easy to make and full of hearty flavor that will warm you from the inside out. One of our favorite things about soups, is they're often versatile and easy to change-up to keep them fresh, or tailored to your tastes.
- For more cabbage recipes, make our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Cabbage Casserole or Our Favorite Cabbage Stir-Fry!
- Want more soup? Make our Baked Potato Soup, or our Chicken & Veggie Stew.
What's your favorite kind of soup?
Read NextSlow-Cooked Tuscan Pork Chops
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 179
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 16g 31 %
- Cholesterol 35mg 12 %
- Sodium 248mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.2g 21 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %