Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Chili powder gives our Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries the perfect kick, sure to get your gang excited about their new favorite side! Plus, using sweet potatoes instead of regular baking potatoes provides an added nutritional boost!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper*
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut lengthwise into thin wedges
What to Do
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with oil. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, salt, and ground red pepper. Sprinkle over the potato wedges and toss until evenly coated.
Spread the potato wedges in a single layer on the baking sheets.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and tender, turning once halfway through cooking time. Serve immediately.
To make this a gluten-free recipe, use nonstick cooking spray with no flour added, and seasonings with no added starch from a gluten-containing source.
- If you're a fan of crispy fries, simply combine the seasonings with 2 beaten egg whites in a shallow dish. Coat the potato wedges with this mixture and bake as above. They'll crisp up in no time!
Read NextSpicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 83
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.4g 3 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 464mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 14g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 2.9g 0 %