Tomato and Black Bean Chicken
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Bring that Mexican restaurant-flavor right to your own kitchen! Our Tomato and Black Bean Chicken recipe is full of bold, south-of-the-border flavors, and it's made for a diabetes diet! It's a one-skillet favorite that will satisfy the heartiest of appetites! With a dinner like this one, ya know, an easy chicken recipe that whips up in no time and makes clean up a breeze, you just can't go wrong!
What You'll Need
- 1 pouch boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4) cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can reduced sodium stewed tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 2 low-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
What to Do
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen Tip
- We've got a variety of easy chicken dinners that will fill out your whole weeknight menu in our Low-Carb Chicken Recipes!
- For more bold, Mexican-restaurant flavors, try our Beefy Mexican Mac, these juicy Border Burgers, and for a side what works with all of them, these yummy Chili Cheese Squares!
- Need Mexican-style snacks or appetizers for your next fiesta? The guests will go crazy for our Marinated Steak Nachos and these must-have Guacamole Deviled Eggs!
Read NextTomato and Black Bean Chicken