Beefy Mexican Mac
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Our Beefy Mexican Mac is the new fiesta-inspired, easy weeknight dinner recipe you want to make. It's packed with savory flavors and lots of beef! How can you resist? The taco seasoning really brings out the boldness that will have your taste buds dancing to a south of the border beat! Don't worry, we made this with low-carb pasta and lean beef, so you can enjoy dinner without feeling guilty.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (1-ounce) packet reduced-sodium dry taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces low-carb pasta twists
What to Do
- In a soup pot over high heat, brown ground beef and onion 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains in beef and onion is tender. Add water, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasoning; mix well.
- Bring to a boil then stir in pasta. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Looking for even more easy weeknight dinner recipes? Then be sure to check out our collection of Healthier One-Pot Meals: 6 Easy Diabetic-Friendly Dinner Recipes.
- Want a green side to go along with this? Try our Tasty Taco Salad! It's got fresh and flavorful ingredients that we know you're going to love!
- For dessert, indulge a little by whipping up these light Pudding Puffs or some decadent Chocolate Dessert Shells for a perfect sweet treat to end the meal.
Read NextTomato and Black Bean Chicken