- CHILL TIME
- 7 Hr
Take control of your frozen desserts and make them yourself, so you know they are absolutely fitting of a diabetes lifestyle. Our scrumptious Peachy Homemade Sherbet comes together easily, and of course is a healthy option.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cup fat-free milk, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated Splenda
- 1 cup chopped fresh peeled peaches
What to Do
Pour 1 cup milk into ice cube trays and freeze until solid, about 3 hours.
Combine remaining milk, extract and sugar substitute in blender. Add milk cubes and pulse until chunky.
Add chopped peaches and pulse until mixture is smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover and freeze 4 hours or until frozen.
Spoon into dessert bowls and garnish with extra sliced peaches.
- TIP: Try with other fruits that are in season.
- Looking for more peachy goodness? Take a look at our list of Perfect Peach Desserts for Diabetics.
Read NextLemony Freezer Pops