- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (1/2 cup)
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
Drop the ice cream and back away from the freezer! Our delightful Creamy Tortoni is so easy to make that you'll never go back to that other frozen stuff again.
What You'll Need
- 1 quart no-sugar-added light vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cup frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup chopped blanched almonds, divided, plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped blanched almonds
- 6 maraschino cherries, halved
What to Do
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, soften the ice cream (see note). Fold in the whipped topping and mix well. Add the almond extract and 1/4 cup almonds; mix well.
- Place about 1/3 cup of the mixture into each muffin cup. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 2 tablespoons almonds.
- Cover the muffin cups and place in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours. Just before serving, garnish each with a maraschino cherry half.
Note: To soften the ice cream, break it up in a mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon. Do not let the ice cream reach the melting point.
Read NextLemony Freezer Pops