Pepper Hash Brown Baked Eggs
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 egg with 1/2 cup hash browns
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
If you love green peppers, then chances are you may have had them in your eggs. Well, we're reversing it this time and putting the eggs in the peppers! It's a new and delicious way to make easy stuffed peppers, and it rests on a bed of yummy hash browns. It's a flavorful, diabetes-friendly recipe that's perfect for breakfast, brunch, or, if you want a change of pace, brinner! (That's breakfast for dinner!)
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into four 1/2-inch thick rings, seeds removed
- 4 teaspoons marinara sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8- x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add potatoes, onion powder and black pepper. Sauté 6 to 8 minutes or until they start to turn brown, stirring occasionally.
- Place potatoes in baking dish and divide them into 4 sections. Top each section with a green pepper ring. Spread 1 teaspoon marinara sauce inside each green pepper ring. Break 1 egg into each pepper ring and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For easy stuffed pepper recipes, check out Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers, Greenhouse Stuffed Peppers, and Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers. There's a flavor for everyone!
- We've got more options for the table with our Healthier Breakfast Recipes!
- Now that you've got breakfast covered, any bacon lover needs to check out our BLT Wrap's for lunch.
Read NextPepper Hash Brown Baked Eggs
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 152
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.4g 15 %
- Cholesterol 164mg 55 %
- Sodium 115mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6 %
- Sugars 1.4g 0 %