- 32 cookies
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Give your oven the day off and make a batch of these No-Bake Cookies. This easy diabetic-friendly dessert combines three of your favorites: oatmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate to make up a cookie that'll really wow your taste buds (and not heat up your home!).
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) light margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 3 1/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What to Do
- Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt margarine, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, then add peanut butter, oats, and vanilla; stir until well combined.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Let cool until firm. Serve, or keep covered with plastic until ready to serve.
- If you prefer, you can use a sugar substitute in the recipe!
- These cookies are the perfect make-ahead treat! Just make a batch the day before, and once they're set, you can keep 'em covered until they're ready to serve. Your family and guests will love having these chocolate and peanut butter cookies to munch on!
- We don't recommend refrigerating these cookies, as they may become too soft.
- One of our favorite ingredients in these no-bake cookies is the peanut butter! If you're a big fan of peanut butter too, then be sure to check out our collection of Peanut Butter Desserts We Love!