Lickety Split Lemon Oaties
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Our Lickety Split Lemon Oaties are a light, diabetic-friendly recipe to satisfy that sweet craving. With its hint of lemon flavor, it's a different take on a classic cookie. Our lemon oaties are an easy recipe that cook in 10-minutes. These lemony, flavor-filled treats are the perfect change-of-pace from the same-old-thing.
What You'll Need
- 5 tablespoons stick margarine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the margarine, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg whites, and lemon peel until light and creamy. Add the oats and flour; mix until just blended.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 1-1/2 inches apart onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 3 minutes. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Read NextGingerbread Cookies
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Calories 44
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9g 3 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 0.6g 1 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 22mg 1 %
- Total Carbohydrates 6.0g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 3.5g 0 %