Healthier Hamburger Casserole
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup
Get ready for a fill-ya-up meal the whole family is going to love! Our Healthier Hamburger Casserole is made with lean ground beef and some of your favorite veggies! But, unlike those other hamburger casserole recipes, we've lightened ours up to fit in with your diabetes diet. Don't worry. The family won't be able to tell the difference. After just one bite, they'll already be anxious for seconds!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups uncooked no-yolk egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (8-ounce) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 scallions, sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, red bell pepper, and mushrooms until beef is no longer pink; drain liquid. Stir in tomato sauce, garlic, pepper, and noodles.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream; mix until smooth. Stir in half the scallions.
- Spoon half the noodle mixture into baking dish. Top with cheese mixture and remaining noodle mixture.
- Cover and bake 25 to 30 minute or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining scallions and serve.
For Hamburger Lovers' Everywhere!
- There are so many varieties of hamburger casserole recipes, but we've got more fun and yummy recipes for the burger lover in your family! You've got to try our Cheeseburger Pie, or this warm-ya-up Easy Hamburger Soup.
- If you want something a bit on the lighter side, we know you'll savor the tastes of our Cheeseburger Salad!
- Prefer patties? Try our "Gobble" Em Up Burgers or our so-bold Border Burgers! No matter how you like your burgers, we've got something for everyone!
Read NextChicken and Squash Casserole
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 250
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 4.8g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 20g 39 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 170mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 5.8g 0 %