Spinach & Artichoke Casserole
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
You'll want to get a heaping spoonful of this Spinach & Artichoke Casserole on your plate. It's a creamy and hearty side dish that pairs well with chicken, fish, beef...you name it! The best part? It's ready in just about 30 minutes.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 3/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; cook onion and garlic 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, artichokes, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, the nutmeg, pepper, and onion mixture; mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and yogurt, then stir into quinoa mixture. Spoon mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
While this is a gluten-free recipe, we suggest double-checking that all of your ingredients are labeled gluten-free if you are following a gluten-free diet.
Read NextChicken and Squash Casserole
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Calories 222
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 1.6g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 18g 36 %
- Cholesterol 6.5mg 2 %
- Sodium 288mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.9g 15 %
- Sugars 2.6g 0 %