- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
You might find everyone hovering over your bread basket when you make this Onion Board. This easy bread recipe uses a convenient shortcut, so you can enjoy freshly baked bread in no time!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter and cook the onion over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the onion is soft and lightly browned.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 10- x 15-inch rectangle. With your fingertips, gently spread the dough to cover the pan, and push it up to the edges of the pan, forming a rim. If the dough is too sticky, dust it and your hands lightly with flour.
- Brush the dough with the beaten egg, then spread the cooked onion evenly over the top. Sprinkle with the poppy seeds and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove to a cutting board; let cool slightly, then cut into squares.
It's a great one to make ahead of time, so, if you do, just throw it in a 300 degree oven to warm for 5 minutes before serving.
Read NextLow-Carb Sandwich Bread
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 122
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.0g 8 %
- Cholesterol 21mg 7 %
- Sodium 192mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 3 %
- Sugars 1.8g 0 %