Homestyle Beef Stroganoff
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
By using reduced fat ingredients and no-yolk noodles, the Mr. Food Test Kitchen devised a tasty and guilt-free way for everyone to enjoy the mouthwatering taste of Homestyle Beef Stroganoff.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, well trimmed and thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound uncooked no-yolk egg noodles
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
What to Do
Coat a skillet with cooking spray. Add steak and onion, and brown over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until no pink remains in steak and onions are tender .
Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes, or until tender. Reduce heat to low and stir in soup,chicken broth, wine, and pepper; simmer 25 minutes, or until steak is tender.
Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to package directions, omitting salt; drain then set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Add sour cream to steak mixture, and cook 1 minute, or until heated through; do not boil. Serve over warm noodles.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Read NextKung Pao Beef
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 169
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 2.3g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 40mg 13 %
- Sodium 287mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 2.0g 0 %