Bok Choy Steak
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
This simple stir fry recipe for Bok Choy Steak cooks up quickly in a wok or skillet in a bit of canola oil. This tasty Asian-style main dish is a beef-lover's dream; and of course it is diabetes-friendly.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound lean boneless flank or top sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1 head bok choy
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 3/4 cup low-sodium, fat-free, beef broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
What to Do
- Slice steak into 1 x 3-inch thin strips and set aside.
- Wash bok choy carefully and cut leaves from stems. Cut stems in 1/4-inch slices and shred leaves.
- Heat non-stick wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil and bok choy stems. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add bok choy leaves and cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove bok choy from wok.
- Pour remaining oil into wok. When oil is hot, add steak. Cook and stir until meat browns slightly, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until sauce boils and thickens.Stir in bok choy and heat for 1 minute.
Read NextKung Pao Beef
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 154
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 33 %
- Cholesterol 37mg 12 %
- Sodium 402mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 5.6g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 2.8g 0 %