Butternut Squash and Cauliflower Medley
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
We love casseroles that are as full of nutrition as they are taste, and our Butternut Squash and Cauliflower Medley is just that! This casserole makes a great side to any of your holiday main dishes, too.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups peeled 1-inch cubes butternut squash
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a large pot, add 1 inch of water. Place a steamer basket in pot.
- Place squash, cauliflower, and garlic in steamer basket and bring to a boil over high heat; cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese, and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Preheat oven to broil. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place vegetable mixture in casserole dish, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and broil 5 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned.
We've got even more great veggie recipes in our collection of Addictive Vegetable Side Dishes: 21 Healthy Vegetable Recipes.
Read NextSkinny Eggplant Parmigiana
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 40
- Calories from Fat 5.0
- Total Fat 0.6g 1 %
- Saturated Fat 0.1g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.8g 4 %
- Cholesterol 0.2mg 0 %
- Sodium 66mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 8.4g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 2.1g 0 %