Turkey Kielbasa Soup
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Talk about hearty! This cozy and comforting Turkey Kielbasa Soup packs in a whole lot of flavor. And since it's made with turkey sausage you know you can bet that it's a better-for-you option. You won't want to pass on this one!
What You'll Need
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 cups low-sodium ready-to-use chicken broth
- 2 cans (14.5) oz no salt added, diced, tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) can low-sodium red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 (13-ounce) package cooked turkey kielbasa, sliced and cut in half
What to Do
- In a large soup pot that has been coated with cooking spray, combine carrots and onion, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the kielbasa and cook for 15 more minutes.
To save time during the busy week, make this hearty soup a day in advance and simply reheat it on the stovetop just before serving. Besides saving time, it'll allow all the flavors to mingle overnight so that the soup will taste even better the next day!
Read NextEasy Hamburger Soup
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 195
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 24 %
- Cholesterol 16mg 5 %
- Sodium 445mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.1g 32 %
- Sugars 6.1g 0 %