Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr 10 Min
Our recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Chops is great for those days when you're craving barbecue tastes, but don't want to fuss with a grill. Bright red bell peppers, fresh mushrooms, and onion add even more flavor to this super simple, diabetic-friendly, pork chop recipe.
What You'll Need
- 4 (1-inch-thick) boneless pork chops, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
What to Do
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Sprinkle pork chops with garlic and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, place bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Place pork chops over vegetables, then pour barbecue sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours, or until pork is very tender.
To make your own low-carb barbecue sauce, whisk together 1/2 cup reduced-sugar ketchup, 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon molasses, and 1 teaspoon dry barbecue seasoning mix. Store in refrigerator until ready to use. Makes 3/4 cup.
Read NextSlow-Cooked Tuscan Pork Chops
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 264
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 26g 52 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 451mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %