Slow-Cooked Tuscan Pork Chops
- COOK TIME
- 8 Hr
Pork chops are always a family favorite, but when life gets hectic, it can be hard to find the time to make them. Well, now you can let the slow cooker do the work for you! You'll get your favorite flavors of Italy, right in your own kitchen. Our Slow-Cooked Tuscan Pork Chops are perfect for easy pork chop recipe for everyday life.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 bone-in pork chops, cut 1/2-inch think (about 2-1/2 lbs.)
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 ounces cooked orzo, kept warm
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place onion in a 5- to 6-qt. slow cooker. Add half of the pork chops over onions. Sprinkle with half of the seasoning mixture. Repeat layering with remaining pork chops and seasoning mixture. Top with undrained tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Add zucchini pieces.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours, or on HIGH for 4-1/2 hours.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together cornstarch and cold water. Add in cooking juices from slow cooker. Cook and stir together until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 more minutes. Serve over meat and vegetables, with orzo on the side.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Enjoy even more of our favorite slow cooker dishes in our collection of Diabetic Slow Cooker Recipes: Our 5 Best Slow Cooker Recipes.
- Easy slow cooker recipes make life, well, easy, so we know you're going to love our Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff and Down Home Shredded Pork.
- Our Strawberry Spinach Salad is the perfect side dish for this easy pork chop recipe!
Read NextSlow-Cooked Tuscan Pork Chops
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 377
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 29g 57 %
- Cholesterol 75mg 25 %
- Sodium 316mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17 %
- Sugars 8.2g 0 %