Sweet 'n' Spicy Shrimp
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Don't have time to fire up the grill? No problem! Sweet 'n' Spicy Shrimp can be cooked on an indoor grill, broiled, or baked just until they turn pink.
What You'll Need
- 4 wooden or metal skewers
- 32 large uncooked shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/2 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper*
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce*
What to Do
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread 8 shrimp on each skewer; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush the shrimp skewers with the apricot mixture.
- Grill the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, basting with any remaining mixture during grilling. Serve immediately.
*To make this a gluten-free recipe, use seasoning with no added starch from a gluten-containing source; and gluten-free soy sauce, or pure tamari.
- Love this easy shrimp recipe? Then be sure to check out our collection of 7 Healthy Shrimp Recipes You Can't Resist.
Read NextAnytime Shrimp Special
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 71
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7g 3 %
- Saturated Fat 0.2g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.7g 15 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 359mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 8.6g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.0g 24 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %