Spooky Coconut Shrimp
Coconut shrimp is a restaurant-favorite recipe, and we've got a lightened up version so you can still enjoy them if you are watching what you eat. Not to mention, they make the perfect Halloween snack!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup club soda
- 1 pound medium shrimp (36 to 40 count), peeled and deveined with tails left on
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Pour the club soda into the flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Holding the shrimp by the tails, dip them into the batter, coating completely. Place the shrimp about 3 inches apart on the baking sheets. The batter will puddle around each shrimp.
- Sprinkle each shrimp evenly with coconut then coat lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, or until coating is golden.
For an added bonus, you can make your own dipping sauce by melting 1/3 cup orange marmalade and 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
Read NextAnytime Shrimp Special
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 94
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.5g 13 %
- Cholesterol 48mg 16 %
- Sodium 266mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 10g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 3 %
- Sugars 1.6g 0 %