Seared Scallops with Asian Veggies
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
When seafood and stir fry come together, they make one healthy, quick-cooking, and delicious dish! Asian flavors and veggies make this a can't-miss meal!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 head bok choy (Chinese white cabbage, about 3 pounds), trimmed and chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
What to Do
Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, and scallops and saute until the scallops are golden and cooked through. With a slotted spoon, remove the scallops to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
Add the sesame seeds and ginger to the wok and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the remaining cooking liquid from the scallops is absorbed. Add the bok choy and the stir-fry vegetables and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
Return the scallops to the wok and add the soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
- This recipe pairs perfectly with our Chinese Chicken Soup!
Read NextAnytime Shrimp Special
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 163
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 1.2g 6 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 26 %
- Cholesterol 18mg 6 %
- Sodium 413mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.6g 15 %
- Sugars 4.3g 0 %