The Best Ever Brown Fried Rice
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Our take on the Asian classic of fried rice starts with healthy brown rice and gets lots of tasty flavor from the peas, carrots, and ham! We think this is The Best Ever Brown Fried Rice, and we hope you do, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3 ounces (about 1/2 cup) cubed ham steak, low-sodium, reduced fat
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
What to Do
- Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook peas and carrots 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are thawed; drain.
- Reduce heat to low, add ham, rice, scallions, soy sauce, and black pepper, and heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
- Push mixture aside and pour egg substitute into skillet. Cook until liquid sets and use spatula to turn. Do not stir. When set, mix gently with ham and rice mixture.
TIP: Serve with reduced-sodium soy sauce.
Read NextSpicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 91
- Calories from Fat 9.3
- Total Fat 1.0g 2 %
- Saturated Fat 0.4g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 8.4g 17 %
- Cholesterol 7.0mg 2 %
- Sodium 171mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 0.5g 0 %