- SERVING SIZE
- 1/4 cup
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
The wonderful mix of spices makes our Herb-Roasted Potatoes a surefire hit to go along with pretty much any main dish you've cooked up for the family tonight! But remember, if you are following a diabetes diet, keep your main dish light to offset the carbs from the potatoes.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons paprika*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder*
- 1 teaspoon onion powder*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 red-skinned potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with oil. Add the spice mixture; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until fork-tender, turning the potatoes occasionally and coating them with nonstick cooking spray halfway through baking. Serve immediately.
- To make this a gluten-free recipe, use nonstick cooking spray with no flour added, and seasonings with no added starch from a gluten-containing source.
- Want to speed things up? The night before serving these, chunk up the potatoes and place them in a bowl of water; cover them with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. This will help keep the potatoes from browning, and they'll be ready and waiting for you to mix up and bake the next day!
- For more healthy recipes for Christmas, check out our collection of Diabetic Christmas Dinner Ideas: 20 Festive & Healthy Holiday Recipes.
- Looking for more fantastic sides? Check out our collection of Healthy Potato Recipes: 10 Potato Side Dishes You've Gotta Try.
Read NextSpicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 112
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4g 2 %
- Saturated Fat 0.2g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.8g 6 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 220mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 1.9g 0 %