Tropical Ham Steak
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You might just get inspired to put on a grass skirt and dance the hula after you prepare our easy diabetes-friendly recipe for Tropical Ham Steak.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (8-ounce) package ham steaks, each cut in half
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup Hawaiian Ham Sauce (see Note)
What to Do
Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook bell peppers 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet. Add ham to skillet and lightly brown. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Return bell pepper to skillet; add pineapple and ham sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until heated through. Pour over ham and serve immediately.
To make your own Hawaiian Ham Sauce, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon corn starch, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, and 1/4 cup water, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens. Makes 1 cup.
Read NextPork Chop Casserole
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 91
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 0.8g 4 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 12g 23 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 721mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 5.4g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 3.9g 0 %