Patty's Pizza-Stuffed Squash
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
You've heard of stuffed pizza before, but have you ever tried pizza-stuffed squash? Patty's Pizza Stuffed Squash recipe delivers great pizzeria taste while still being a healthier alternative for a diabetic-friendly diet!
What You'll Need
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices pepperoni
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Brush the inside of each squash with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and black pepper. Place the squash cut-side-down on baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and remaining garlic, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pizza sauce.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cavity of the squash. Sprinkle with cheese, then top with pepperoni. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through.
Read NextOld West BBQ Pizza
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Calories 291
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 3.6g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 10g 20 %
- Cholesterol 14mg 5 %
- Sodium 381mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.6g 35 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %