Grilled Pita Pizzas
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Grilled Pita Pizzas are a great party food! It's fun to put out different vegetables and seasonings like basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, and garlic, and let everybody design their own creations.
What You'll Need
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat pita breads
- 1/2 cup light spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Spread each pita bread evenly with sauce then top with broccoli, pepper strips, olives, and shredded cheese.
- Place pizzas on grill rack; close the cover, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
NOTE: If you prefer to bake these pizzas instead of grilling them, put them in a preheated 400 degrees F. oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the pitas are crisp and the cheese is melted. To make this a gluten-free recipe, use gluten-free individual pizza crusts, and gluten-free spaghetti sauce.
Read NextOld West BBQ Pizza
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 238
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 11g 22 %
- Cholesterol 7.6mg 3 %
- Sodium 496mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.1g 24 %
- Sugars 2.7g 0 %