Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 meatballs per 2 ounces spaghetti
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Traditional Italian recipes for spaghetti and meatballs are too high in fat, carbs and calories for anyone with diabetes, so our Test Kitchen took on the task to lighten it up. The result is our healthier Turkey Meatballs and Spaghetti!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (8-ounce) pacakge fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (26-ounce) jar low-sodium marinara sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) package reduced-carb spaghetti, prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
What to Do
In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and form into 12 meatballs.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add meatballs, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains, turning occasionally to brown on all sides. Remove to a platter when finished.
In the same skillet, cook mushrooms 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir the marinara sauce and basil into the mushrooms.
Add the turkey meatballs to the sauce and cook for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over warm spaghetti.
Read NextThree Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 381
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 25g 50 %
- Cholesterol 79mg 26 %
- Sodium 314mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.1g 25 %
- Sugars 3.5g 0 %