- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Orzo is a small, rice-shaped pasta. It has made its way into everything from soups to side dishes, and it is sure giving rice a run for its money! Keep some orzo in your pantry for those times when you're looking to serve up something a bit out of the ordinary, like our Ten-Minute Minty Orzo.
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces (1-1/2 cups dry) orzo pasta
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, heat 10 cups water to boiling; add the orzo and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and the onion; cook for 5 minutes, or until the orzo is done.
- Drain the orzo then return it to the saucepan and add the remaining ingredients; toss until well combined. Serve immediately.
Read NextThree Cheese Macaroni and Cheese