Berry French Toast in a Mug
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
French toast is an indulgence most of us yearn for, but it can be hard to find a recipe that not only fits into a diabetes-diet, but that also works in our busy schedules. Well, now we have one for both! Our Berry French Toast in a Mug is made in under two minutes, and since it's in a mug, you can take it right along with you!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free syrup, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 slices sugar-free whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh blueberries
What to Do
- Coat a 10-ounce microwave-safe mug with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine liquid egg substitute, milk, 2 tablespoons syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon, mix well. Add bread and half the fruit; toss until evenly coated. Pour mixture into mug.
- Microwave 45 seconds. Gently stir bread mixture and continue to microwave 30 seconds or until bread is set in center. Top with remaining berries and extra syrup.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Love this Berry French Toast in a Mug? Then you have to check out our other mug recipes, like this decadent Chocolate Chip Mug Cake and we know you'll go bananas over this Monkey Mug Cake!
- We've got more breakfast recipes the whole family will love, like our Southern Johnny Cakes, and this Saucy Pizzeria-Style Omelet!
Read NextSouthern Johnny Cakes
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 281
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 0.4g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 28g 55 %
- Cholesterol 2.5mg 1 %
- Sodium 303mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 57g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.9g 19 %
- Sugars 3.8g 0 %