- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
Once your crew gets a whiff of this gumbo, your kitchen just may become a stop on the Mardi Gras parade route! And why ruin the celebration by telling them this is a healthy all-in-one meal? Have fun!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen cut okra, thawed
- 2 (14-ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 40 to 45 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and gumbo thickens, stirring occasionally.
This festive Mardi Gras dish needs just a small scoop of cooked rice to help us sop up all its flavorful juices.
Read NextTomato and Black Bean Chicken