- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 15 Min
This Classic Chicken in a Pot is as comforting and filling as anything mom used to make! Tender chicken and healthy veggies, all in a delicious broth, always make dinnertime a perfect occasion. You can even add other vegetables like potatoes, zucchini, or even garbanzo beans (chickpeas) to give this Classic Chicken in a Pot exciting fresh flavor every time you make it!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces, skin removed
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 10 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until chicken is fall-apart tender. Serve immediately.
To make this a gluten-free recipe, use gluten-free bouillon.
- You can add other vegetables like potatoes, zucchini, or even garbanzo beans (chickpeas) to give this recipe an exciting fresh flavor every time you make it! Just check out what's in your veggie bin and go for the gusto!
Read NextTomato and Black Bean Chicken