Mango Tango Fillets
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
This fish dish with a fresh mango salsa topper makes a colorful and delicious easy weeknight meal. It's perfect for anyone watching what they eat, so enjoy the healthy goodness.
What You'll Need
- 1 medium-sized mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 (8-1/4-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 white-fleshed fish fillets (2 pounds total), such as cod, orange roughy, or flounder
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine mango, bell pepper, onion, pineapple, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper; mix well, cover, and chill.
- Place fish in a large skillet and pour reserved pineapple juice and the water over it. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper.
- Cover fish and bring liquid to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately, topped with chilled mango salsa.
Try garnishing the fish with finely chopped cilantro.
Read NextSalmon Burgers
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 242
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 25g 50 %
- Cholesterol 87mg 29 %
- Sodium 255mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %