Apple Cider Slaw
This coleslaw is made with a colorful array of fruits and veggies, including green and purple cabbage, apples, cucumbers, and onion. We've even added corn to this amazing slaw! All of these tasty ingredients get tossed in a light, sweet 'n' tangy dressing for even more flavor. Our Apple Cider Slaw makes for a great side dish or lunch, especialyl when paired with one of our healthy pork recipes.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 of a medium head green cabbage, shredded (see Notes)
- 1/2 of a medium head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 large cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large bowl, toss together the green and red cabbage, the apples, cucumbers, onion, and corn.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the cabbage mixture and toss well. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Making this for a smaller group of people? Feel free to cut the recipe in half!
- It's easy to make this salad your own! Add peppers or carrots for extra crunch, or use prepared coleslaw mix for convenience. If you do plan to use prepared coleslaw mix, you'll need about 2 (16-ounce) packages.
- If you like this coleslaw recipe, then you should really take a look at some of our others! They're diabetic-friendly and delicious! Click here to view the collection.
- This slaw would also pair great with one of our low-carb chicken recipes!
|Download Your FREE eCookbook|
|If you like this easy coleslaw recipe for Apple Cider Slaw, then we bet you'll love this free eCookbook, Delightful Deli Salads: 27 Healthy Pasta Salad Recipes, Chicken Salad Recipes, & More!|
Read NextYour Very Own Waldorf Salad
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Calories 131
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.8g 4 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 283mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 9.6g 0 %