Peanut Butter Lava Chocolate Cupcakes
Our Peanut Butter Lava Chocolate Cupcakes bring your favorite flavors of peanut butter and chocolate together in one delicious bite. Cupcakes are a great diabetic treat, thanks to the built-in portion control. Plus, our guiltless ingredients leave you feeling good!
What You'll Need
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
cup liquid egg susbstitute
cup Splenda baking blend
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons Canola oil
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- fresh strawberries for serving (optional)
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting (optional)
What to Do
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin tin cups. Set aside.
- For the filling, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine milk chocolate and peanut butter. Microwave on 30 percent power (medium-low) for 1.5 to 2 minuted, or until melted and smooth, stirring once halfway through cooking. Cover and chill until mixture is the consistency of thick frosting, stirring and checking every 5 to 10 minutes. (This may take anywhere from 10 to 25 minutes. Mixture will set up quickly at the end so watch carefully.) Using two spoons, drop mixture into 12 mounds on prepared baking sheet, using about 2 tsps mixture per mound; return to the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, water, oil, baking powder, and vanilla. Add flour and cocoa powder, stirring until smooth. Spoon about 1 tbsp batter into each muffin cup. Set a chilled peanut peanut butter mound in center of chocolate batter in each muffin cup. Spoon remaining batter over peanut butter mounds.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until tops spring lightly back when touched. Cool cupcakes in pan on wire rack for five minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each cupcake. Invert cupcakes onto serving plates. If desires, top with strawberries and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.