Santa's Sack Cookies
- 36 cookies
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Every Christmas we all look forward to the goodies that Santa brings us in his gift sack, so we got some inspiration from the big guy and came up with a cookie recipe that delivers the same kind of joy. Santa's Sack Cookies are a special holiday treat filled with chocolatey goodness!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (finely chopped in food processor)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed (from a 17.3-ounce package)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine walnuts, cinnamon, and margarine; mix well and set aside.
- On a flat surface, unfold pastry sheet and using a knife, cut along creases, separating into three sheets. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one of the pastry sheets to a rectangle shape that measures 4- x 12-inches. Cut down the center of the sheet, then cut into 2-inch squares, making 12 squares.
- Place about five chocolate chips in the center of each square. Top with a 1/4 teaspoon of walnut mixture. Brush edges with egg, then bring the pastry corners together and twist the dough, closing tightly and making sure the edges are pinched together. Place on baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining pastry dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool, then lightly sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 42
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.9g 2 %
- Cholesterol 5.2mg 2 %
- Sodium 27mg 1 %
- Total Carbohydrates 3.1g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 0.2g 0 %