Pineapple Chicken Tenders
- SERVING SIZE
- 4-ounces chicken and 1/2-cup vegetables
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Our Pineapple Chicken Tenders start by bathing boneless, skinless chicken tenders in a flavorful Asian marinade, then stir frying them along with some tasty pineapple and green onions, for a healthy and delicious main dish meal.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (8-ounce) pineapple chunks or tidbits, juice reserved
What to Do
- In a large resealable bag, combine chicken and stir fry sauce. Refrigerate and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add the peppers to the skillet and cook 4-5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add green onions, pineapple, 1 tablespoon pineapple juice and 2 teaspoons marinade to skillet, cook and stir for about 1 minute. Discard remaining marinade.
- Spoon onions and pineapple over warm chicken tenders.
- If you want to lower the sodium in this recipe, you can substitute low-sodium soy sauce for stir-fry sauce.
- To make your own stir-fry sauce, check out our recipe for Asian-Style Stir-Fry Sauce!
Read NextChicken Marsala