- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (4-oz) chicken breast and 1/4-cup mushrooms
- COOK TIME
- 18 Min
This easy Italian favorite features tender chicken smothered in tasty mushrooms and a sweet wine sauce that will have everyone running to the table for dinner! Chicken Marsala is definitely a diabetes-approved classic!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
What to Do
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Add the chicken and coat evenly. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken in batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and no pink remains. Remove the cooked chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Return the chicken to the skillet, add the wine, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the chicken is heated through. Serve immediately.
Read NextChicken Marsala