- SERVING SIZE
- 1 enchilada with 2-ounces chicken
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Anyone who is a fan of traditional Mexican enchiladas will surely want to give this homemade version of Chicken Enchiladas a try. We've lightened up all the ingredients, leaving a full-flavored taste that shouts, "Ole!"
What You'll Need
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 (15-ounce) can red or green enchilada sauce
- 8 (6-inch) reduced-carbohydrate flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded Colby-Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and cook chicken tenders over medium heat 6-8 minutes, or until no longer pink inside. Remove to a cutting board and shred apart with fork and knife.
- Place chicken back in skillet, add enchilada sauce and heat on low for 5 minutes.
- Evenly divide chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Evenly sprinkle each with cheese and scallions. Roll tightly and arrange in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- We love to serve with this dish with fresh salsa and scallions.
Read NextCrispy Oven Fried Chicken
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 333
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 28g 138 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 26g 52 %
- Cholesterol 49mg 16 %
- Sodium 697mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 26g 105 %
- Sugars 1.2g 0 %