Cheesy Chicken Rolls
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (4-ounce) chicken breast and 1 slice turkey bacon, plus 1 tablespoon of filling
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
I bet you thought bacon was off limits as part of a diabetes diet? Well think again! Turkey bacon is fair game and we wrap it around a lean skinless chicken breast to make the most of these Cheesy Chicken Rolls.
What You'll Need
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 slices turkey bacon
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
To flatten chicken breasts, place in resealable plastic bag and pound with rolling pin until chicken breasts are 1/4-inch thick.
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, scallions, garlic powder, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Spoon equal amounts on each chicken breast. Roll up chicken breasts with cream cheese mixture. Wrap 1 slice bacon around each chicken roll and secure with toothpick.
Place chicken rolls in prepared baking dish and bake 30 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
- Our Cheesy Chicken Rolls are super low-carb, so get excited about your side dishes! We'd suggest serving these chicken rolls with some Creamy Brussels Sprouts, Company-Fancy Asparagus, or Herb-Roasted Red Potatoes.
- Looking for another low-carb chicken recipe? You may also like our Stuffed Chicken Rolls.
If you like these Cheesy Chicken Rolls, then be sure to check out our recipe for Light King Ranch Chicken Casserole. It's a cheesy chicken casserole you'll whole gang will love!
Read NextCrispy Oven Fried Chicken
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 228
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 3.6g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 31g 61 %
- Cholesterol 97mg 32 %
- Sodium 587mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 2.2g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 1.0g 0 %