- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (6-ounce) chicken breast and 1/3-cup mushrooms, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
This restaurant-fancy chicken recipe is one you'll want to use when you really want to impress company! We think the layer of mushrooms and flavorful sauce really add an extra-special flair to our Alice Springs Chicken. The best part? You can whip this up in just 30 minutes!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced lean ham or Canadian bacon
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can low sodium reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute mushrooms and ham 5 to 7 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with garlic powder and pepper; place in baking dish. Spoon mushroom mixture evenly over chicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk soup, milk, thyme, and onion powder. Spoon over mushroom layer. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- This diabetic chicken dinner sure does cook up fast! Be sure to check out our collection of 20 Minute Chicken Dinner Recipes for even more quick & easy options.
- Try our Restaurant-Style Spinach Manicotti for another fancy homemade dinner.
This lightened-up version of Alice Springs Chicken is one of our favorite "copycat" recipes, and we're always looking for more ideas. Leave a comment and let us know what "copycat" recipe you'd like to see!
Read NextChicken Marsala