Lighter Pineapple Casserole
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Pineapple casseroles are a popular side dish served in the South, but they're not always a good choice for a diabetic diet, which is why we created this lightened-up version. Our Lighter Pineapple Casserole is a dish that'll delight your whole gang!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained; reserve 1 cup liquid
- 5 slices sugar-free whole-wheat bread cubed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar substitute until creamy. Beat in eggs, egg whites, and vanilla. Stir in flour, pineapple, and reserved juice; mix well. Add bread cubes and toss until evenly coated. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Read NextHot Chicken Salad Casserole