Creamy Broccoli and Hash Brown Casserole
- SERVING SIZE
- COOK TIME
Add a bit of healthy variety to your favorite hash brown casserole with our recipe for Creamy Broccoli and Hash Brown Casserole. This casserole is great for sneaking some veggies into your morning meal, or you can serve it alongside dinner for a change-of-pace side!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2
cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2
cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon ground nutmeg
teaspoon salt (optional)
teaspoon black pepper
cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 4 multi-grain crackers, coarsely crushed
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 7- x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; cook onion and broccoli 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in flour until well combined. Add milk, garlic, nutmeg, salt, if desired, and pepper. Cook until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in cheese and potatoes; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Lightly spray top of casserole with cooking spray.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.