Better Baked Beans
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/3 Cup
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
If you're tired of passing on the baked beans at potlucks because they're full of sugar and fat, then you're going to love this recipe! Our Better Baked Beans have been lightened up, so you can fit them into your diabetic diet. Now, you can enjoy a helping of baked beans with your grilled chicken, meat or fish!
What You'll Need
- 2 (15-ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 strips turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.
Check This Out!
Read NextHot Chicken Salad Casserole