Apple-Caramel Crunch Balls
- 18 balls
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
When you're looking for a way to get a quick burst of energy, why not reach for one of our Apple-Caramel Crunch Balls? These bite-sized treats are loaded with protein-packed nuts, and good-for-you fruits that'll satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you moving!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup reduced fat peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light margarine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups wheat flakes cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1/3 cup dried apples, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free caramel syrup
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine peanut butter, margarine, and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal, apples, walnuts, and apple pie spice, until well mixed. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes. Divide mixture into 18 portions.
- Using slightly wet hands, firmly press mixture into balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate 15 minutes, or until firm.
- Drizzle balls with caramel sauce. Chill at least 15 minutes, and serve, or store covered in refrigerator.
Did you know that walnuts are a heart-healthy food? They're a great source of fiber, protein, and healthy fats!
Read NextChocolate Almond Clusters
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 75
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 0.7g 3 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.8g 4 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 75mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 10g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 5.8g 0 %