Coffee Cake in a Mug
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
The next time you do breakfast, you're going to want two mugs: one for your coffee or tea, and the other for your coffee cake! Yep, our Coffee Cake in a Mug cooks up right inside your cup in just 2 minutes. Does it get any easier than that?
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 tablespoon margarine, softened, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar substitute, divided (we used Truvia)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond flour, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Coat a mug with cooking spray; add 1 tablespoon margarine and 1 tablespoon sugar substitute; mix well. Stir in egg. Add milk, vanilla, 1/4 cup almond flour, and the baking powder; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining margarine, remaining sugar substitute, remaining almond flour, and cinnamon; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Microwave 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until set in center. Let cool 5 minutes, then serve.
Six- or eight-ounce mugs work the best.
Read NextBetter-Than-Anything Cake