Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Everyone has an opinion on the best brownie recipe. Well, not to toot our own horn, but we're pretty sure that our Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies have broken the mold when it comes to diabetic-friendly desserts. Mixed with chocolaty and peanut buttery goodness, our ooey gooey treats are perfect for date night, pot lucks, or just as a treat for yourself.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar substitute blend
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup refrigerated egg substitute
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup low sodium, reduced sugar peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt margarine; remove from heat. Whisk in sugar substitute and water until thoroughly mixed. Add egg substitute, oil, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in 1 cup flour and the baking powder until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and 1/2 cup of the batter, mixing until smooth; set aside. In another small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup flour and the cocoa powder; mix well. Stir mixture into plain batter, stir in chocolate chips, then pour into baking dish.
- Spoon peanut butter batter in small mounds over chocolate batter. Using a knife, swirl batters together. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Since ooey gooey is the name of the game, try our Ooey Gooey Marbled Brownies!
- Our Strawberry Topped Brownie is a great sweet treat for date night!
Peanuts are the 12th most valuable cash crop grown in the United States, and the U.S. is also the third largest producer of peanuts. It's really no surprise, considering how loved peanut butter is.
Read NextBlack Bean Brownies
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Calories 153
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 8 %
- Trans Fat 1.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.0g 6 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 70mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 6.5g 0 %