Nicole's Chicken Fingers
- SERVING SIZE
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
A real Southern tradition like fried chicken can be hard to give up, especially when you have to switch to a diabetic meal plan. By coating boneless, skinless chicken with flavorful seasonings and baking it in the oven, we leave out the excess fat and calories, and end up with a new, healthier way of enjoying an old favorite!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup Fiber One cereal*
- 1 cup bran cereal*
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper*
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 12 strips
- cooking spray*
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a resealable plastic storage bag, combine the cereals, pecans, sesame seeds, salt, and red pepper. Crush into medium-fine crumbs then pour into a shallow dish. Place the egg whites in another shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken strip into the egg whites then into the crumb mixture, coating completely. Place on the baking sheet and coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake the chicken for 15 to 18 minutes, or until no pink remains. Serve immediately.
*To make this a gluten-free recipe, use gluten-free cereals and/or crispy coating mix, seasoning with no added starch from a gluten-containing source, and nonstick cooking spray with no flour added.
Read NextOven-Baked Egg Rolls