Mini Crab Cakes
- SERVING SIZE
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Mini Crab Cakes are the perfect two-bite appetizer for your next gathering, even if all of your guests aren't on a diabetes diet. Loaded with crab meat, plenty of vegetables and spices, you might have to make another batch if you want leftovers!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried tarragon
- 3 (6.5-ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except the crabmeat and oil; mix well. Fold in the crabmeat, being careful not to break up the crabmeat chunks.
- Form the mixture into 36 equal-sized patties. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook in batches for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Try this one with a zippy sauce you can whip up from 1/4 cup light mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, 1 tablespoon ketchup, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Looking for a different healthy crab cake recipe? Take a look at our yummy Crab Cakes made with Old Bay seasoning or our Srcumptious Crab Cakes made with crispy Panko.
- If you're in the mood for seafood, check out these 7 Healthy Shrimp RecipesYou Can't Resist!
Read NextOven-Baked Egg Rolls