Boo-tiful Bean Dip
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 tablespoons
Our Boo-tiful Bean Dip recipe is a surefire crowd-pleaser, not to mention, a diabetes delight. Whether you're whipping it up for a Halloween party, a Thanksgiving appetizer, or just as a yummy snack, this bean dip recipe is sure to please the crowds! The best part is, you can make it ahead and chill it in the fridge until you're ready to put it out for the guests!
What You'll Need
- 2 (15-ounce) no salt added pinto beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 cup salsa, divided (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup finely shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1 can of beans and 1/4 cup salsa; blend or process until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine bean mixture, cilantro, cumin, salt and the remaining can of beans and 3/4 cup salsa; mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into a serving dish; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and extra cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Whether you like it hot or not, you choose the intensity by using your favorite salsa!
- Slice up your favorite veggies, like carrots, green and red peppers, and celery, for a delicious dipper!
- Love our bean dip recipe? Add some variety to your get-together with our Guacamole Dip, and our Tex-Mex Black Bean Dip is sure to liven up the party!
Read NextSensational Shrimp Dip
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 9.0
- Calories from Fat 5.8
- Total Fat 0.6g 1 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.9g 6 %
- Cholesterol 1.1mg 0 %
- Sodium 169mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 8.4g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 0.9g 0 %